Tutoring and Help Sessions
The Mathematics Department offers free help sessions to students in the lower-level courses. Check which session is associated with your course number below, and take advantage of the free help sessions with the department's graduate students.
Help is also available from your instructor during their office hours.
Our tutors serve students taking Math 101, 102, 106, 108, 109, 111, 125, 139, 140, 141, 150, 151, 221, 250, 251, 282, 302 & 305.
In Person Tutoring:
Open Drop In Tutoring from 5-9 p.m. Monday - Thursday in Library 680 (through Math 305). Graduate student tutors, as well as computers, are available.
- Please fill out the following form to request a tutor. We will do our best to accommodate. Appointment Form
- Forms filled out on Saturdays and Sundays will be processed/reviewed on Mondays.
- You will be introduced to a tutor within 3 days of your request.
- Appointment date and time can be scheduled with your tutor after the student-tutor introduction.
- You should respond to all emails received from the tutor in a timely manner.
- Tutoring appointment cancelation should be done in advance by email to your tutor.
- If you fail to show up to tutoring twice without canceling, then you will forfeit the right to sign up for tutoring again.
- Tutors serve students taking Math 101,102, 106, 108, 109,111, 125,139,140, 150, 151, 221, 250, 251, 282 & 305.
- (It cannot be guaranteed that a tutor will be available for every request.)
Center for Learning Support Services (CLSS) also offers appointment tutoring:
Also provided are individual tutoring and academic coaching.
- Students can come to the Tutoring Center to complete the request in person, or
- Students can use the following link to submit the request electronically.
- Tutoring is primarily available for 100 and 200 level core curriculum courses and selected upper-level courses.
Tutoring Center – 618-453-3387
Tutoring.siu.edu Request a Tutor: https://clss.siu.edu/tutoring/
The Mathematics Department is providing the following paid tutor list as a service to you. Please note that the Mathematics Department is not in any way associated with the tutors or the cost of their service. Please be advised that the Math Department does not endorse or recommend any of the tutors listed below.
Paid Tutor List: