Tutoring and Help Sessions
The Mathematics Department offers free help sessions to students in the lower level courses. Check which session is associated with your course number below, and take advantage of the free help sessions with the department's graduate students.
Help is also available from your instructor during their office hours.
In order to promote social distancing due to COVID-19, all Math tutoring sessions will be held via ZOOM. IDs for each tutor are listed with time and day of availability. Our tutors serve students taking Math 101, 102, 106, 108, 109, 111, 125, 139, 140, 141, 150, 151, 221, 250, 251, 282, 302 & 305.
*All times are CT. Pick an ID for the day at random in order to increase your chance of finding an available tutor. If the ID you choose is being used by another student, choose another ID that is not currently in use.
Log in to Zoom.us, click on "Join a meeting" and then enter in the meeting ID of the tutor in order to join
**To see our current graduate students click here**
- Please fill out the following form to request a tutor. Appointment Form
- Forms filled out on Saturdays and Sundays will be processed / reviewed on Mondays.
- Tutoring sessions will be held via Zoom.
- You will be introduced to a tutor within 3 days of your request.
- Appointment date and time can be scheduled with your tutor after student- tutor introduction.
- You should respond to all emails received from the tutor in a timely manner .
- Tutoring appointment cancelation should be done in advance by emailing to your tutor.
- If you fail to show up to tutoring twice without cancelling, then you will forfeit the right to sign up for tutoring again.
- Tutors serve students taking Math 101,102, 106, 108, 109,111, 125,139,140, 150, 151, 221, 250, 251, 282 & 305.
- (It cannot be guaranteed that a tutor will be available for every request.)
Tutoring Center – 618-453-3387
Tutoring.siu.edu Request a Tutor: https://clss.siu.edu/tutoring/
Also provided is individual tutoring and academic coaching.
- Students can come to the Tutoring Center to complete the request in person, or
- Students can use the following link to submit the request electronically.
- Tutoring is primarily available for 100 and 200 level core curriculum courses and select upper level courses.
The Mathematics Department is providing the following paid tutor list as a service to you. Please note that the Mathematics Department is not in any way associated with the tutors or the cost of their service. Please be advised that the Math Department does not endorse or recommend any of the tutors listed below.
Paid Tutor List: