Professor; Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, 1992. Topological dynamical systems and knot theory.
- (with R. Ghrist and P. Holmes) Knots and Links in Three-Dimensional Flows, Springer-Verlag, 1997. 208 pages.
- Knot factoring. Mathematics Monthly, April 2000.
- (with Mike Boyle) Equivariant flow equivalence of ahifts of finite type by matrix equivalence over group rings, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. Volume 91, Part 1 (July 2005).
- Visually building Smale flows in S^3, Topology and Its Applications, 106 (2000), no. 1, 1-19.
- Prime decomposition of knots in Lorenz-like templates, Journal of Knot Theory and its Ramifications Vol. 2, No. 4 (1993) 453-462.