O: Neckers 463
On leave. Professor; Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1997. Partial differential equations, control theory, optimization theory, dynamical systems, computational science.
Control Theory; Partial Differential Equations; Dynamical Systems; and Computational Science.
- High-order finite difference method for 1D nonhomogeneous heat equations, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations (with Y. Lin and X. Gao), 25 (2009) , No. 2, pp. 327-346.
- Quantitative characteristic of rotating stall and surge for Moore-Greitzer PDE model of an Axial flow compressor, SIAM J. on Applied Dynamical Systems, 7 (2008), No. 1, 39-62.
- Almost Sure Stability of Discrete-Time Switched Linear Systems: A Topological Point of View, with X, with Dai and Y. Huang, SIAM J. on Control Optim., 47 (2008), No. 4, 2137-2156.
- The global existence of nonlinear observers with linear error dynamics: A topological point of view,Systems Control Lett. 55 (2006), no.10, 849-858.
- A direct method for the construction of nonlinear discrete-time observer with linearizable error dynamics, IEEE Trans. Automat. Control 51 (2006), no. 1, 128-135.
- Nonlinear observer design in the Siegel domain, with A.J. Krener, SIAM J. Control Optim. 41 (2002), no. 3, 932-953.
- Center manifold of the viscous Moore-Greitzer PDE model, with T. Basar, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 61 (2000), no. 3, 855-869.
- Finite-dimensional compensators for the $H\sp \infty$-optimal control of infinite-dimensional systems via a Galerkin-type approximation, with T. Basar, SIAM J. Control Optim. 37 (1999), no. 5, 1614-1647.